Memphis Toilet Repair
Fixing Clogs, Damaged Mechanisms, and Other Toilet Issues
Your toilet is one of your plumbing system’s most critical components. If it stops working, your whole day can be thrown out of whack. Plenty of do-it-yourself repair solutions are on the market, and you might be tempted to fix the issue yourself. Unless you’ve done the work before, trying to diagnose the problem, find the right parts and tools, and do whatever needs to be done can be time-consuming. You might find that hiring a plumber to take care of the repairs is a more efficient and convenient option. A plumber can quickly identify the problem, bring all the necessary materials, and, most importantly, ensure that your toilet is running properly in no time.
At Patton Plumbing Heating and A/C, we are skilled at toilet repair in Memphis. Whether your tank is overflowing or the flushing system isn't working, we know how to put your system back on track! Our plumbers have years of industry experience and the skills to fix your toilet issue with precision and accuracy. We use the proper equipment to find the cause and develop an effective and lasting solution to get your toilet functioning as it should.
Let us take care of your toilet repair in Memphis. Schedule a service by calling (901) 401-9570 or contacting us online today.
$50 Off Toilet Repair See DetailsValid from Mar 14, 2023 - Mar 14, 2024
Hear From Our Happy Customers
“I had a pipe in my backyard that was hit by a tree root. Patton plumbing came out that day and was able to get it fixed. It was an all-day repair, but they worked all through the night and got it fixed. They were so professional and friendly. I highly reco”- Kayla I.
“Arrived on time, and installed a surge protector on our existing upstairs HVAC unit. Always professional, quickly got the job done, checked out that all was functional, another satisfied service by Patton personal. I highly recommend Patton for all service”- John B.
“Shane is seriously the absolute best repairman I have ever used, not exaggerating. Super knowledgeable and took time to explain every step. Went well past above and beyond. I will not call anyone but Patton now, and am recommending them to everyone who nee”- Kyle C.
How Do You Know If Your Toilet Needs a Repair?
Toilets are essential fixtures in the home, and keeping them in tip-top shape is important. Poorly maintained toilets can lead to bacteria-infested water, mold growth, and other health hazards for you and your family. If you're uncertain when your toilet needs a repair, warning signs can tell you it's time to call in the professionals.
Indicators of a toilet problem include the following:
- Foul smells: These odors may be due to clogged drains, cracked pipes, or broken seals. You may also notice that your toilet is not flushing correctly or that water is leaking from the base of the toilet. If these signs are present, it is important to address the issue as soon as possible to prevent further damage and expensive repair costs.
- Increased water bill: Common causes of increased water use include running toilets, low-flow toilets, and broken seals or flappers. Running toilets often occur when the flapper or seal wears out from age or lack of maintenance. Low-flow toilets are less efficient than older models, and they can cause higher bills by using more water than necessary.
- Overflowing toilet: This issue may be caused by a blockage, such as an object stuck in the drain or a large wad of toilet paper. It can also be caused by broken seals, damaged flappers, or worn-out internal mechanisms due to age and lack of maintenance. If the water in your tank is constantly overflowing into the bowl, it is time to call an experienced plumber.
- Slow-draining toilet: This can be caused by drain blockages, such as hair or other debris, or by broken seals or flappers. A slow-draining toilet can also be symptomatic of a more significant plumbing problem.
- Continual running: A toilet continuing to run when not in use indicates that you need a repair. Worn-out internal mechanisms, malfunctioning flappers, or broken seals could cause this issue. In any case, this may be a sign of bigger problems and should not be ignored.
The Type of Repair Work We Do
At Patton Plumbing Heating and A/C, we take the stress out of toilet repairs. Our team of experienced technicians can diagnose and solve any problems with your toilet, from a leaky tank to a faulty flush system.
We handle all kinds of toilet-related issues in Memphis, including the following:
- Toilet clogs
- Returning clogs
- Objects trapped in the toilet or pipes
- Toilet backing up with sewage
- Broken toilet or mechanisms
Steps for Avoiding a Toilet Clog
Toilets are one of the homes' most commonly used items and could become easily clogged. Taking a few simple steps to help avoid toilet clogs can save you time and money while keeping your plumbing system running more efficiently.
Below are some tips for avoiding a toilet clog:
- Mind what goes into your toilet: Toilets do an incredible job of quickly and efficiently disposing of our waste, but they're not built to handle anything and everything we throw at them. In fact, flushing the wrong things can clog pipes and wreak havoc on our sewage systems. So, it's crucial that you only flush human waste, water, and toilet paper. Anything else should be disposed of carefully in the trash can or recycling bin.
- Limit toilet paper usage: Yes, toilet paper eventually dissolves, but you don't want to overload your sewer system! Too much at once can cause clogs and blockages, costing time and money to fix. Luckily, there's a simple solution: use a bit less per flush than usual. Not only is this better for your home, but it could also even help extend the life of your plumbing.
- Take care where you plant trees and bushes: Trees and shrubs are excellent additions to any outdoor landscape but should be carefully planted. Their roots can easily extend into and around drainage pipes, causing blockages as they grow. Save yourself a lot of headaches and ensure that trees and shrubs are kept sufficiently away from pipes when you plant them.
- Using chemical drain cleaners sparingly: If you're dealing with a clogged drain, chemical drain cleaners might be tempting - but beware! Using too much of this harsh substance can cause damage to older pipes by causing cracks that debris will catch onto and create an even greater blockage. To save yourself from headaches and costly repairs, it's best use these chemical cleaners at a minimum or look for alternative ways to fix the issue.
- Close the lid: If you're using the bathroom, ensure that the lid is closed! If it’s left open, objects like personal items and trash can find their way into your toilet without you realizing it. When you flush, anything that fell into the bowl has a good chance of getting lodged somewhere further along.
If you are experiencing toilet issues, such as a continuously running toilet or clogs, contact an experienced plumber. Taking care of problems as soon as they arise can help prevent further damage.
To schedule a Memphis toilet repair service, please contact us at (901) 401-9570 today.
Why Your Neighbors Choose Us?
- Free Estimates Available
- Professional & Trained Technicians
- People Oriented Company
- Over 30+ Years of Experience